Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Lakeland Community College Library | 7700 Clocktower Dr. Kirtland, OH, 44094 | 440-525-7425 | myLakeland
What is the Celebration of Research?
Lakeland Library, in partnership with the Honors Program, is proud to present the Celebration of Research, an annual spring event designed to support and reward students who are interested in showcasing their research projects in a multidisciplinary setting. Each year, students are asked to demonstrate knowledge of their research projects through a poster presentation and interaction with judges. The top individual and group projects are awarded prizes!
Funded in part by the Lakeland Foundation and the Lakeland Honors Program.
To enter, students are asked to meet the following criteria:
- Students must be enrolled in classes at Lakeland at the time of proposal submission, with the exception of students who were not able to present last year due to the pandemic.
- Students can submit independent projects or group projects. Group project submissions are .
- Students may use an existing research assignment or activity as inspiration for their project. Projects may come from . Additional research is at the discretion of the student and faculty mentor; students with completed projects from class do not need to perform additional research. Students may also design their own projects.
- Students must select a mentor for the research project and event with preference given to the instructor or faculty mentor who developed the inspiration assignment.
- Students must submit a proposal of their work. Please see the proposal tab for guidelines.
- Students must create a poster, which judges will view. Please see the poster and presentation tabs for guidelines.
- Students must respond to questions from judges.
Celebration of Research 2022 important dates coming in January 2022!
Librarian, Assistant Professor
Library Program Chair, Professor