Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Lakeland Community College Library | 7700 Clocktower Dr. Kirtland, OH, 44094 | 440-525-7425 | myLakeland
Develop a broad understanding of your topic by locating and reading a book. Books are available in both print and digital (e-book) formats. In addition to our library, LCC students may borrow books from academic libraries throughout Ohio using the OhioLINK system.
Searching the Lakeland Catalog
The Lakeland Catalog lists books held in the Library's collection.
Some tips for searching the Library catalog:
- Use a Keyword search to find books about a certain topic.
- Use a Title search to find a specific book when you have the title.
- Use the Author search to find books written by a certain author.
- Click the Subjects of useful titles to find books on related subjects. Some relevant subject headings include:
- Browse the library shelves around the call numbers that relate to your topic to find additional materials. Books on religion are shelved in the B range.
- BL: Religions, Mythology, Rationalism
- BM: Judaism
- BP: Islam, Bahaism, Theosophy, etc.
- BQ: Buddhism
- BR: Christianity
- BS: The Bible
- BT: Doctrinal theology
- BV: Practical theology
- BX: Christian Denominations
If you need a book that's not available at the Lakeland Library, you may request books using OhioLINK. Request books from other libraries and they will arrive at Lakeland in 3-5 days. Best of all, this service is totally free!
Featured Books on Religion