Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Lakeland Community College Library | 7700 Clocktower Dr. Kirtland, OH, 44094 | 440-525-7425 | myLakeland
Welcome to the research assignment guide for SURG 1100! On this page you will find instructions for your preclinical perioperative case project. Check the other tabs for suggested resources and research assistance. Please contact Janice Lawrenz, your instructor, or Megan Mamolen, Librarian with any questions.
- This is an exercise in following instructions worth 25 points. Sample score sheet attached.
- Select a random procedure card in class. Write down the procedure in your notes, sign the card and return it to the instructor.
- You are to research only open surgery cases. Do not use or describe any type of endoscopy in your report.
- See instructions below about required format. This is not a formal format type (i.e. MLA, APA, Chicago) term paper.
- During your library assignment day, you are to copy the articles to a flash or cloud drive.
- You will submit your report through BlackBoard, as well as 3 reference articles, but all articles used must be cited. Blackboard submission will be ONE TIME – your Report, 3 articles and all other attachments (case cart, tray sheet, preference card) will be done at the same time. You will submit multiple files during your Blackboard submission!
- Keep in mind that this is a total perioperative report that includes patient care. You will be presenting this case to the class in SURG1300 as part of the preclinical preparations.
Need help or more information?
Megan Mamolen, PhD, MLIS
Librarian, Assistant Professor
Office: Library, C-3051c